Tuesday, May 2, 2017

An Ode to That First Cup


On the horizon, the sun breaks
Chasing the darkness of the night,

With sleepy minds and slow bodies
We stumble from our bed, hopeful
Yet searching, 
 WHERE IS IT?

Where is that savoir to the sleep-starved,
Where is that first cup, that first sip
Where is that glorious elixir 
we call...
 COFFEE

With each sip energy flows through
Our bodies, invigorating
our muddled minds, restoring 
thought, inspiring synapsis
and we become
ALIVE

We are ready to face that 
Which mere moments before 
was
UN-FACE-ABLE

Get out of my way, World, 
With this life-giving potion,
I can do ANYTHING
I AM INVINCIBLE!


Thank you, Coffee 





Copyright 2017

3 comments:

  1. I don't seem to get all that from my first cup of coffee - or any other ones that may come along, but I had fun reading this! 😊 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pearl, LOL Okay, I may have exaggerated slightly... :D

    Thanks so much for reading and for your comment. It's always great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

To All of You Who Are Motherly!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are motherly! Mother's Day has always been an enigma to me and every year I am puzzled as to...