Sunday, May 14, 2017

To All of You Who Are Motherly!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are motherly!

Mother's Day has always been an enigma to me and every year I am puzzled as to how to feel about this day. You see, my relationship with my own mother was strange and often estranged and so I can't relate to my friends who reminisce of loving and close relationships with their mothers.

Today a wise friend told me that on Mother's Day she takes the opportunity to thank everyone who has been motherly to her over the years and I am reminded of all the wonderful women who were there for me...especially my older sisters, my grandmother and my great grandmother.

And so, on this special day, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there and an especially happy day to all of you of you who are motherly. Anyone can be a mother, but it takes a big, generous, loving heart to be motherly. 💗


2 comments:

  1. Well said, Ingrid! I did have some good times with my Mom, but she got more and more critical and negative as time went on. My aunt (my Dad's sister) picked up the slack and filled in the gaps. I think of both of them on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl, thanks so much for your feedback and encouragement.

      I called my eldest sister yesterday. She was eleven when I was born and took care of me that summer when my mother could not. We have a bond that has strengthened with time.

      Delete

To All of You Who Are Motherly!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are motherly! Mother's Day has always been an enigma to me and every year I am puzzled as to...