Thursday, May 11, 2017

Spirituality in a Teabag - Truth is Everything?

A little tongue in cheek to start your morning -  

Can One Get Spiritually From a Teabag? 

Apparently Yogi Teas thinks so, because everyday there is a message of enlightenment on the label of my teabag. Today's message is, "Truth is Everything," and we seem to be on a roll because yesterday's message was about "truth" as well. But it obviously didn't sink in, because that's all I remember.

Which brings me to the question, "What is Truth?" ...and can your "truth" be different than my "truth," and still be the truth. Obviously the politicians think so, but that's a topic for another blog.

But, getting back to Truth is Everything." Is it really? and if it is, why is it everything. I mean, is it the first thing you think about in the morning?

Do you say to yourself, "I'm going to tell the truth today?" Or is being truthful a goal for you?

Nah, I think for most of us, living a truthful life is just a given. I mean, aside from those little white lies we all tell once in a while. Right?

But, how can truth be everything?

What? Oh, wait...what? I'm mistaken?

Um, oh, yeah, you're right.... Oops! Um, the teabag reads, "Truth is Everlasting."

Oh. Well, that's a different story...

Which, um, brings me brings me back to my original question, can you get spirituality from a teabag? ...or maybe I just better stick with coffee.




2 comments:

  1. I liked your conclusion to trying to answer one of life's unanswerable questions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearl, thanks so much for reading! This actually happened this morning. I had most of the blog written before I even left the kitchen, thinking the teabag read, "Truth is Everything." Imagine my surprise when I took the photo and realized I was a bit off base. :-)

    ReplyDelete

To All of You Who Are Motherly!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are motherly! Mother's Day has always been an enigma to me and every year I am puzzled as to...