Friday, October 10, 2014

Off my Shelf - Brian Keene's CASTAWAYS

Some books immediately grab you and won't let go until you've read the last page. Brian Keene's CASTAWAYS is one such book.

I started reading it yesterday morning while waiting for my husband during his dentist appointment and, I kid you not, I finished the book in one day. (Not a norm for me.) According to Brian Keene's own words, he is a fan of the reality-TV show Survivor and it shows in the writing of this book.

On a personal note, I can't tell you how many times I've wondered while watching Survivor, "What if the location is actually haunted or worse?" Apparently, Mr. Keene had the same thought.

Brian Keene is an amazing writer, his descriptions taunt, his characters real and the pacing of his story so perfect there's no time for breaks. This book literally went with me everywhere yesterday and apparently I raved about it so much that my husband (not a horror enthusiast) started reading it last night.

CASTAWAYS by Brian Keene, definitely a must read for dark-fiction lovers.

A definite 5 stars!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To All of You Who Are Motherly!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are motherly! Mother's Day has always been an enigma to me and every year I am puzzled as to...