Monday, September 22, 2014

The Muse, the Knife and the Football

I love to write
When the words glide smoothly
Like butter off a hot knife,

I love to write
When ideas burst from my psyche
Like a river during a spring thaw,

I love to write
When my muse dictates so
Clearly my fingers can’t keep up,

I love to write
During the quiet hours when I alone am awake
With no one to interrupt my thoughts

But not today...

Today the stories dance around my head,
Mentally, I can see the characters, sense
Their narratives and even hear their dialogue,

But somehow, from point A to point B
Something is lost, 

No, writing today, is like using
A dull knife to cut a football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To All of You Who Are Motherly!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are motherly! Mother's Day has always been an enigma to me and every year I am puzzled as to...